CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 28, 2007

BYU Graduation

Hello all! Just wanted to put some picts up from Graduation.. We went to both the Dick Cheney commencement, and the Ralph Nader alternative commencement. Cheney avoided speaking about political issues, and there are rumors that he used an already given speech from 2005 and added some opening remarks about BYU. Nader had many interesting ideas. Jack Healy (amnesty international) and Pete Ashdown also gave good speeches. We watched KSL News to see what they had said about the Nader commencement, and there was a shot of ME watching Nader speak! It is only for a brief second, but it was very exciting. Try to catch the brief shot of my profile at this link http://www.ksl.com/?sid=1152128&nid=148 You can only watch the link while using Internet Explorer however.
After the Nader commencement, I got his new book and had him sign it while my Dad made me shake his hand for an awkwardly long amount of time while he took a picture. I especially like the background body guard guy who also posed for the picture. Above to the left is me with the BYU Cougar, and Chris and I in shades (Chris wearing my Dad's embarassing fitovers). Good times.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Yay Amy! Congrats! How awesome to meet Ralph Nader.

Kari said...

You have a gorgeous profile darling! Congratulations. Hunter, Devan, and sprout are exceedingly proud of their Auntie. :)

Steve and Amanda said...

Kari,
Did you call your sweet little baby in your tummy a sprout? I read your comment like 3 times before I realized what you were talking about!!! You make me chuckle.
Amy,
What a great feeling to be done with school! You can always go back for more if you feel like it...or you don't have to! Because you've already tried it out and done it! It takes years to graduate from college--and you did it! You are the best Amy I know. I love you!
Amanda