CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Just for Fun

I keep meaning to post a million different things, but just can't seem to get around to it these days. Devan has been wanting to use the potty for quite a while now. It's strange to have a child initiate potty training. So he's been on the potty for chunks of time with no success yet. However, when I left him sitting on the potty by himself the other day I came back to discover that he'd made himself quite comfortable. I laughed pretty hard and grabbed my camera(see the pic, I promise I didn't pose him this is how I found him). Like father like son.


Hunter participated in the local pedal and dash race a couple of weeks ago. They had them run to their bikes, bike around the stadium, and then run again to the finish line. When they were running to their bikes Hunter fell and scraped up his elbow, but got right up and kept going. I didn't even know that he was hurt until he finished. He got a ribbon for participating. He's going to be a great athlete someday. He really puts everything he has into his racing even though he's usually ends up being in the last of the pack.



Finally, there is a picture of my ever growing belly. I'm
getting pretty excited about the baby coming and it's been fun to feel it somersault and hicup. Hunter spends a great deal of time listening to my belly and giving it hugs. It's very sweet.



4 comments:

Amy Jane said...

Holy cow..that is hilarious. Chris woke me up early this morning so I could check out the 'new hilarious post.' So, he just sits there and pretends to read? That is pretty amazing. Tell Hunter good job on the race! That is so awesome that he is so dedicated that he would run through a scraped elbow! I don't think I would even do that:).

Chris said...

Well, I think that Devan proved that it is male instinct to read on the jon . . . I wonder how far back that goes . . . in history . . . Maybe you should put some picture books in the bathroom

Katrina said...

So cute. I love it. How exciting to be potty training! My kiddos are regularly in their underpants now except for naptime and bedtime. Hurray!

Kari you are looking like a lovely pregnant lady! It definately becomes you.

Give Hunter a "high 5" from all of us at the Hone House!

Lots of love!

Mom and Dad Welsh said...

Kari and Matt,
You have the funniest kids! These pictures are priceless! Thanks for posting them to the blog.